I found it on Amazon for $149. It's designed to work with low pressure propane. Since propane bottles are high pressure, I'll need a regulator. Since you're not supposed to store propane inside, the plan is to keep the bottle disconnected and stored in the stern locker (where the gas cans are). I'm planning on building a separate padded box inside the locker to store 3 or 4 cans. From what I've read, there's no issue storing propane in close proximity to gas, but I'll probably run it by the guys in my power squadron course just in case.
So this stove is meant to be mounted in the cabinet. There's a top that mounts over the cabinet and the burners mount underneath the cabinet. The cabinet is about 1cm thick. I hope that's enough thickness for this work. The top and the bottom of this stove can't be screwed together - they need something in between. If you try to attach them directly, the burners come out too much for the pot rests to sit properly. So this is the cutout I'm working with.
Opening is 11 3/8" deep and 20 7/8" wide
So speaking of the cabinet, I noticed some pretty bad delamination of the plywood on the front side. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics before the fix. The fix involved spreading wood glue as far into the delamination as I could, then clamping it.
Opening is 16" high, 19" wide (but could be extended up to 24") and roughly 16" deep at the shallowest part
You can see that there's still a bit of a gap there. If it becomes a problem, I might put some screws into it, but I'm trying to hold out until I figure out what type of door to mount. The plan thus far is to have a bottom mount drawer slide inside with a small cooler on top, all hidden by a sliding door. This would allow us to open the door, slide the cooler all the way out and open it. When it's tucked away, the door will slide shut and secure itself. I'm not exactly sure what the door will look like at this point nor how it will be attached. I imagine something that slides on rails attached to the outside. It may be a challenge finding a cooler small enough, but I can always make one out of laser cut acrylic if absolutely necessary.




No comments:
Post a Comment